Monday, February 1, 2010

Pageant Mom, Ah Not Me!!

If you told me a few years ago, that I would be a Pageant mom, I would have laughed hysterically!! Ah me! No Way!

Your talking about a person who lost Little Miss Gatorette Several years in a row. A girl who loved Athletic Sports so much, I turned down a Modeling Contact with Elite, because it would mess up my sports program. I spent time at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. I had Olympic dreams!!!!

Then my daughter Ellie was born. She is a child who loves attention. Lots of attention, so much I thought I would never make it another night, when she was a baby. Little did I know she would grow up to love fashion, singing, dancing and anything else she saw her older sisters doing, that she thought was cool. I had too insist she stop using the word Hot and change it to CUTE!! NO, we are not weird, she just picked it up somewhere! I suspect older teenage sisters had something to do with it.

Anyway, when the local pageant was approaching I thought maybe Ellie would like to participate.  After all its local, I have a dress and the fees were cheap. But the crazy thing is, the first time on stage she looked like a poor, helpless soul who, I don't know, was no way my daughter!! Shy, bashful and stumbled down the stage with her hands in her pockets.

Needless to say we brought her home, practiced the walk and learned a little stage presence.........


Now, this is more like the child I know!!

 
And this......this child I recognize.




That's Ellie, for ya!!


Oh and she won the overall crown.......
Everyone kept asking are you sure this is her first pageant?!!

Yes, I swear it is! 

I'm afraid.......This may Not be my last one!!

Don't even mention the words........Modeling!!! Aww! I might cringe and run away screaming!






Photobucket

1 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Ahhh congrats to the beauty queen. She really looked adorable:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails