Monday, January 4, 2010

I did NOT escape the Cold!!! Old House's are Cold!!!!

I thought we were smart and escaped the cold...... the relief of knowing we were smart, got our insulation in the crawl space, caulked every crack, new paint, fixed leaks with the Dap spray (it's a spray foam that expanse in cracks) and I'm actually living with a tiled kitchen and Not sub-floor this Winter!

Boy, was I wrong!!! It is 19 degrees out. Now, I know it gets much colder in other parts of the country and you think I'm weak. Your right I am weak!!! I will admit it! I was born in South Florida and I will forever need to be in a warm weather climate. Yes, I have been in GA for over 20 years, but in my brain I love to be on a warm beach soaking up the sun!

I am cold..... The tip of my nose is freezing, my finger tips are freezing and my feet are chilled. ( I learned my lesson from last year, I bought thick socks, slippers and some really warm slipper/shoes. They actually have rubber soles.)

 slipper socks/tile


I in fact, have not escaped the cold, my brother in laws still did a fabulous job before Christmas, insulating the crawl space and I am very grateful. That was hard work and frankly I wasn't going to crawl under there. My husband is much to big and wide to crawl under there. So Thank God for my two brother n laws, for crawling under there! I will Stop using the word Crawl now! Note with a Drawl....



Insulating under the house





Brother n Laws

I guess all I can do now is pray my husband will build a really big Furnace soon and/or it will be Spring soon and I can thaw out again!


Blessings,
Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails