Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Benefits of Juicing and the Healthy Effect for Your Family

The Benefits of Juicing and the Healthy Effect for Your Family


I recently took a trip to the local Bed Bath and Beyond and purchased a juicer. I was promised a juicer for Christmas, by a close family member and told it was in the mail. I waited 4 months and after much deliberation and a little of shopping around settled on a The Bullet Express Juicer.

The Bullet Express Juicer is well worth the hundred dollars and change, equipped with a food processor, dicer, blender and juicer. The juicer works great and the food processor a little difficult to use. It has a tendency to over heat with thick items in place. Hummus is something my family loves to eat, with my husband recent trip to the Middle East he came home with a love of Lebanese cuisine. So he has become an expert hummus and Lebanese flat bread maker.

Back to the juice extractor. I decided after a 20 lb weight gain since leaving the city of Atlanta two years ago to reside in a small town outside Augusta, that I needed alternative measures for dealing with an incredible sweet tooth. So I began the journey of juicing food. Apples, carrots, spinach, papayas, mangos, oranges and blending things like bananas, strawberries, blueberries and pineapple. I have a desire to learn a bit more about the use of wheat grass and the growing process, which I am sure, is not that hard, but I know the least bit about.

The juicing has become a favorite of my children who I can squeeze all kinds of foods in that I am sure, they would not eat other wise. I can only imagine the vitamin content is grossly higher than cooked vegetables. Ok, not grossly, but significantly higher.

My research has shown after now having two aunts, both God mothers to my children, have recently been diagnosed with incurable Cancers that a raw diet is mandatory for healing, regeneration of cells and building of the immune system in the body. I know there has been much Holistic research done and debated about, these above issues. I am sure these things are all quite over my head but who could possible go wrong with a daily weekly fast of juicing. I try the fast once a week from lunch to lunch on Thursday and Fridays and stick to a juice diet. Disclaimer: I of course have not enforced this on my children, I’m sure it would be good for them but think they need the daily calories of wide variety of carbs, fibers, proteins and vegetables.

I love the rush or spike of energy from a great juice drink. My favorite being the afternoon Carrot, Spinach and apple juice, sounds a bit gross but is actually very tasty. What is a little gross, is the likely hood that it will clean you out a bit. Try for yourselves and let me know what you think! ; )








Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails