Monday, January 18, 2010

Craft Hope!



This morning I became curious of the current humanitarian efforts in Haiti and began searching the internet for any signs of Hope. I came across a blog and later a video from 60 minutes. They did an update story last night, on the situation in Haiti. It was so upsetting to me and I felt so helpless! So much death, people hurting, children laying in shock and people hungry, thirsty and without a home. I felt silly for thinking about writing anything else, other than Haiti.

I began asking myself. What can a wife and mother of five children possibly do?! I have had some paramedic training and was a EMT. But I have a family and I couldn't leave. Go tracking across the globe to Haiti.

That is when I came across a fellow blogger who informed me of the brand new Etsy store, Craft Hope.  All proceeds of the Craft Hope Etsy shop will benefit Doctors Without Borders in Haiti. All items have been generously donated by the crafting community. If you'd like to donate an item please visit the Craft Hope website (www.crafthope.com).  http://www.etsy.com/shop/crafthope?page=1

 I am just truly amazed at all of these women!! It makes me so proud to be an American and apart of a culture of women who have opened their hearts and banned together in all their talents and abilities. They  donate and  sell things to benefit all of the People in Haiti!! These items were all made with Love and now they will benefit so many in need. God Bless each and everyone of you, for being so selfless and donating all of your hard work.



Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails