Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Ultimate Present!

Today, just a few day's before almost everyone wakes up to open gifts and celebrate Christmas. I began to think about the birth of our Savior, again.

Most people love Christmas, but do they truly understand the reason. The reason for the birth of a Savior.

Why, do we need Jesus! What was God's purpose for sending a begotten son in the first place?! Why, can't we have Christmas without Jesus. This was actually said to me one year. "Can't we just have Christmas without talking about Jesus!"

God, as we all know, established a lot of laws in the Old Testament. Today we still have people who believe in the practice of laws to get to God.  What is law and what does it mean to you and me?

This morning bright and early I felt the need to get up and study my bible. Today is a special day for me also, because it is My birthday. Now, I'm not crazy about birthday's because I don't want to have any MORE! I felt it was a  special day because I share my birthday so close to Jesus birthday! Once again, I thought of the meaning and why it so special to me! Jesus, that is!

Laws are in place, I feel, so we will know the reason for right and wrong. Of course, to also establish consequences for those actions. Whatever we choose those actions to be. But mainly Right and Wrong!
Now, if we were to practice these laws just so we could earn our way into heaven. How hard do you think it would be? Probably pretty hard! No, my guess is, we would almost have to be Perfect! What if I told you, that God gave us laws, just so we would know the differences, in right and wrong and not one of us could ever be perfect enough to make it to heaven! Not one! Wow, I feel a lot better knowing I don't have to be perfect.

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the LAW we become conscious of sin. Romans 3:20

When Jesus was born in a barn and placed in a manger. We then had a Chance. All of us had a chance! Everyone wants a chance, right!! I know I do!

So, now we understand we have right and wrong. But, what now do we DO!
I know I could never be perfect enough or act right enough to earn God's approval. But, I don't need to!! Beloved, we all fall short of the Glory of God!

This righteousness from God comes through FAITH in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Romans 3:22-24

That's all it takes! Faith, Belief!! You can never be good enough or earn your way! That is all I am trying to tell you! God say's so Himself! 

God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement through Faith in His blood. Romans 3: 25

That little baby was presented to us AS A GIFT! So that we all could live eternally in paradise with God in heaven. A God who no matter what you've done or where you've been, LOVES YOU, so much, that he would send His son. 

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 

This brings tears to my eyes and it makes me hurt for all of those who think they can be perfect enough or earn their way into heaven. Put down that gauntlet! You don't have to run that race! God LOVES you! Just BELIEVE!


If you haven't accepted Christ into your life, it's ok! You can do it now!! Just say a prayer and tell God you are sorry. You love him and realize that you can never be perfect enough. You believe Christ came for the forgiveness of sin and you want to accept him into your heart, for the forgiveness of sin. 


Go ahead, Do it! Like Nike say's "Just do IT" Receive the best gift possible this Christmas. Accept Jesus!



With LOVE IN HIM,
Photobucket 





0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails